Broomfield, Colorado • email@example.com
- Databases: PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite, Hadoop, HBase, Redis, Riak
- Web Frameworks: Django, Flask, Tornado, Ruby on Rails, Sinatra, Wordpress
- Deployment/Config: Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, Fabric
- Operating Systems: CentOS, Ubuntu, CoreOS, macOS, Oracle Linux
- Cloud Platforms: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Digital Ocean, Google Cloud, Heroku, Linode, Oracle Cloud, Rackspace
- Tools: Docker, ELK (ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana), Git, Graphana/Graphite, Hashicorp Vault, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Gitlab
Platform Architect, November 2019 - Present. Nami ML
- Develop and maintain backend systems, API services, data pipelines, machine learning services, and databases
- Design and architect systems that can scale to very high traffic levels
- Provide operational support on all production backend systems
Infra. Architect & Manager, SaaS Engineering, January 2014 - October 2019. Oracle
- Built multiple internal tools using Python for ETL Tasks, service validation, and integrating with Cloud APIs.
- Designed solution for scale-out expansion of API service across multiple datacenters.
- Designed and implemented CI/CD solution to automate deployment across multiple legacy and cloud native environments.
- Security hardened services with architecture changes, web application firewalls, and active DDoS mitigation.
- Planned and executed projects to migrate production service to new datacenters.
- Built a new Site Reliability Engineering team across time zones to support the growth of the business.
- Negotiated with and managed relationships with enterprise hardware and software suppliers.
- Maintained and documented inbound open source software licensing compliance.
- Received Oracle SaaS Engineering Excellence Award in 2019.
DevOps Engineer, August 2009 - January 2014. Push IO (Acquired by Oracle)
- Built High Availability API Gateway abstraction to scale out application across multiple environments.
- Built and Deployed REST API service scaling to millions of devices with extreme burst traffic.
- Converted existing ruby and shell scripts to a puppet-based configuration.
- Created tools to manage cloud servers across four data centers.
- Designed architecture to support multi datacenter redundancy.
- Worked with legal teams to support the M&A due diligence process.
- Managed service delivery infrastructure and internal IT support.
- Built a continuous deployment system using a Jenkins based workflow.
- Supported multiple SQL and NoSQL production databases.
Founder, December 2008 - March 2014. Xenscale
- Provided High Touch WordPress Hosting for 10+ million impressions per month websites.
- Wordpress, PHP, Ruby on Rails, and Python (Django/Flask) Backend Web Development.
- Cloud automation and Linux server administration.
Overnight NOC Operations, August 2005 - December 2008. Golden West Technologies
- Provided NOC alert monitoring of data centers and outside plant facilities.
- Coordinated with outside plant, central office, and network partners during service incidents.
- Supported commercial and residential customers with phone, TV, and Internet (Dial-up, Cable, DSL, Fiber) services.
Founder, May 2003 - July 2005. Helwig Technologies
- Developed inventory website for car dealership using PHP & MySQL.
- Provided field support for IBM AS/400 hardware to USDA regional offices.
- Deployed and managed Windows domains and Exchange servers.
- Puppet Certified Professional (2014)
- Puppet Certified Professional (2012 Early Adopter Program)
- CompTIA A+ (2003)